“You are invited into the luxury market, you don’t enter it.”
On the INSIDERS Episode 20 we welcomed our guest, Robbie Briggs, CEO of Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty to discuss the state of luxury in DFW, the luxury realtor, and luxury marketing. Watch the video below.
Robbie Briggs is CEO of Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty and leads more than 400 real estate professionals serving cities and neighborhoods from six offices throughout North Texas. For more than 40 years, Robbie has been at the center of the real estate industry. In 2010, he led the Briggs-Freeman brokerage — evolved from the firm founded by his father in 1960 — to its affiliation with the renowned Sotheby’s International Realty network. Today, Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty is one of the network’s top 20 affiliates in the entire United States.
Here is an outline of our discussion in this episode as well as my 3 KEY MARKETING TIPS for agents who are building a luxury brand:
The LUXURY AGENT Talking Points:
- How did you become “luxury vs. normal real estate assets?
- How have you sustained and positioned your firm against those that represent they are luxury?
- How is the luxury market by measurement of year to date 2021 vs. 2020.
- How is the market potentially impacted by national issues/changes in the economy or by regulation?
- What do you look for in a Luxury agent? and, how do you develop a luxury agent?
- How do your teams/agents use collaboration to their advantage?
- Briggs Freeman offers state of the art marketing and a powerful web presence, how do your agents utilize these tools?
- Are your agents adapting to and using the virtual environment to connect with prospects/clients and sell luxury properties?
- Where does the real strength lie in representing luxury properties?
3 KEY MARKETING TIPS FOR AGENTS WHO ARE BUILDING A LUXURY BRAND
1 – PERSONAL MARKETING
When building a luxury brand, put your best foot forward if you want to make it through the front door. Marketing yourself as a luxury agent begins long before you become one. “You are invited into the luxury market, you don’t enter it,” explains Gene Northup of Synergy Sotheby’s International Realty. “This comes from hard work, reputation, and knowledge. To be invited, you must have the right look on your marketing, dress the part, answer the phone correctly. You must present yourself as someone that can be trusted with a multi-million dollar estate.”
2 – CREATIVE MARKETING
It’s crucial that clients see that you have an eye for finding and selling exceptional properties. Showcase your creativity through professional staging of the home, promotional materials and online media, enhanced open houses – invite an art gallery to showcase some of their work or a high-end jewelry designer to display their jewelry, etc., and generate a different level of excitement about the property.
3 – BUILD AN ONLINE PRESENCE (for you and your properties)
Online marketing of course is key in your marketing strategy. Keep it fresh: update your photo, share a professional video walkthrough tour of one of your best listings. Video is one of the hottest ways to showcase a new listing and reports show that it attracts more engagement than just photos.
Marketing your online presence should be two-fold, PERSONAL and BUSINESS. Present yourself as someone who connects with people with similar interests. Match your online presence to your personality. Feature a professional photo and compelling bio and connect with your professional network. Communicate with your friends, past clients, and their friends via social media. Keep it fresh, relevant, entertaining and informative, and don’t be afraid to get personal!