Seasonal Marketing Ideas
by Sandy Hibbard/CEO and Creative Director for Sandy Hibbard Creative.
[Article updated February 24, 2021.]
Seasonal marketing is something fun to incorporate into your marketing that gives a grass-roots and very personal vibe to your efforts. There are opportunities at the launch of spring when we begin to see new life, the end of summer when temps start to cool, the start of school when the Autumn season arrives (my favorite time of year), and of course, the holiday season that brings festivities of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. Then there is the New Year when we small business owners focus on putting together new strategies that will push our businesses forward, lift us out of the doldrums, and attempt to correct the financial struggles we have encountered through the year.
It is time to think out of the box on some fun marketing (think like there is no box!). The changing of the season brings about more opportunities for you to reach out to your clients, so take advantage of it, it is never the time to slack up on your marketing…. here are some ideas to inspire you for seasonal marketing:
Seasonal Marketing Themes
First and foremost, create your content to be relevant to the upcoming months – think about themes:
- Fall/Winter Seasons
- Health and Pandemic Issues
- School Events
- At Home School Challenges
- Family – Mother’s Day/Father’s Day
- Gift Buying
- Special Interests – Love your Pet/Caregiving
- Giving Back
- Local Community Events, Issues, News
- Managing our Social Lives
- Resolutions and New Beginnings
- ETC! Get creative and think of what speaks to your target audience
Weave your stories and present your services in a context that people will pay attention to and relate to throughout the year. And of course, make it FUN!
- Start a seasonal Instagram feed and plan daily Stories for Insta and FB
- Kick-off an 8-week email campaign – 8 touches with a holiday theme – yes, i’m talking real mail!
- Promote a seasonal or holiday offer on social media only available through a targeted date
- Line up a quarterly social media strategy centered on giving, include blog, Instagram, Facebook and email
- Send virtual Starbucks Gift Cards on special occasions to your key clients who LOVE coffee
- Run a contest drawing to grow your database, sign them up to win a ___________, partner with a vendor to share the expense and share the list
- Plan a ZOOM call with your clients
- Sponsor a charity event
- Send out themed postcards vis US Mail or a postcard app
- Start an idea board on Pinterest and share it out weekly and post it to Instagram – i.e. Small Space Kitchens, Favorite Homes, Balcony Patios, Fashion for over 40, etc.
- Create a blog and use it to educate and inform your sphere on what you do
- Update your website to a newer more blog-friendly platform
The opportunities are endless! Now is the time to get your numbers up – let these Seasonal Marketing Ideas help to push you closer to your business goals and gain more followers and loyal customers this year!