“Make waves this Summer with your marketing.
Refresh your message with a warm and authentically personal touch.”
Dive into Summer with authentic, personal marketing.
It’s official, summer is here, at least for those of us here in Texas. School is out, the temperatures are rising, Memorial day is over, pools are open, and it seems like everyone is dealing with their wonder lust. ✈️🌎
If you want your marketing to get through all the noise this season, you need to add a new sizzle to it – a personal sizzle!
A good rule of thumb to remember when you’re planning your summer marketing content, is to keep it fun and personal. This is the season when families are planning vacations, kids are going to summer camp, and there is a palpable joie de vivre in the air that takes over! The last thing on everyone’s mind is hard-core business stuff. That will come later when business owners hustle to make 4th quarter projections!! 😉 I’m joking, but it is always a roller coaster, right? The point is, we still have to continue our business efforts and marketing throughout the summer even when we’d rather be at the beach, so why not turn the tables and do something different these next few months?
This summer keep it personal.
Add an authentic element to your marketing posts and emails. Include personal details of the things you are doing this summer – your vacations, gardening, outdoor activities, etc. Even for your blog articles, it’s good to bring in some subject matter that’s not just keyword rich essays but more fun and entertaining and lighthearted content that draws your prospects into your brand.
Here are some ideas for keeping it personal in your summer marketing.
- Be sure to make your email design playful. In summer marketing, depict the spirit of the season with bright colors and bold designs.
- Share things to do outside, dipping your toes in the sand, and creative ways to enjoy a vacation (or staycation)!
- Support your favorite charity, summer camp, or local sports team, write about it on your blog, share it in an eblast, or post on social media.
- Attend outdoor events on things you are into (music, art, cars, theatre, home, etc) and post about it on social.
- Use video and Reels and Stories to share summer experiences in the backyard, in your garden, with your dog, on a road trip, or in the pool.
- Host a community summer event like a dog tagging party at the park, or a watermelon eating contest, vintage motorcycle show, whatever YOU are into, share it!
This summer share what YOU are up to in your business marketing!
The idea is simple, keep it personal and authentic. Share the things you love and the activities you are involved in. Find ways to align these things with the love for your business, your brand and the services you offer your community.